Founded in 1944 by the late Raymond F. LeChase, LeChase Construction began humbly as a small family operation to fill local demand for construction work during World War II. Today, LeChase employs more than 750 engaged employees, led by a strong management team, with a shared belief in doing the right thing. LeChase Construction is committed to building strong partnerships with our customers, our employees and our communities through safety, quality, innovation and values.
Building partnerships isn't by chance. It's by LeChase.
Raymond F. LeChase resided in Rochester and began working at the age of 14 as a water boy for A. Fredericks & Son. He rapidly worked his way to a superintendent role.
Raymond F. LeChase founded LeChase Construction Company to fill the demand for local construction work during World War II.
The first project for the company was a $64 sidewalk for the city.
A sign in a local appliance store prompted the owners of Kanty Paper Co. to contact LeChase and award the company’s first large project—a $90,000 production center for assembling paper boxes.
LeChase broke ground on a $261,300 addition for St. John Fisher College. The addition included a cafeteria and a 600-seat auditorium.
The project began a long-standing relationship that continues today. Over the years, LeChase has completed more than 40 projects for the college.
K-12 has always been one of the company’s core markets and continues to be one in which LeChase performs work today.
LeChase won the bid for a seven-classroom addition to the Harding School in Gates District 7.
LeChase finished construction on Rochester’s first permanent, artificially frozen ice skating rink at Genesee Valley Park.
LeChase originally performed work on General Motors’ administration building in 1955. Since then, LeChase has maintained that partnership and performed work on the same building 55 years later in 2010.
Upon completion of Eastridge High School, a dedication ceremony was held in April 1959.
Raymond LeChase, Inc. was founded. The motivation for forming the company was a result of his son Wayne’s decision to emulate the family’s construction tradition established by his father.
Signing of the contract for City Hall, Rochester, N.Y.
LeChase broke ground on the new vocational wing for BOCES’ Robert P. Dye WeMoCo Occupational School in Spencerport, N.Y.
LeChase moved its office and warehouse to 1600 Emerson Street in Rochester, N.Y., where the warehouse is still located today.
LeChase won the bid for a $990,000 contract for Rochester’s new Amtrak station. The 7,200 SF station was a space-frame design and offered new ticket facilities and a waiting room large enough for 150 passengers.
LeChase completed construction of the vocational wing addition to the BOCES facility in Spencerport, N.Y. LeChase has maintained its relationship with BOCES and has completed various projects throughout New York State.
LeChase began construction on the $3.5 million Student Life Center at St. John Fisher College. In a relationship today that began in the 1950s and continues today, LeChase has completed more than 40 projects for St. John Fisher College.
LeChase completed construction of Geneva General Hospital.
Between 1980 and 1990, some key client relationships were established, including Kodak, Bausch & Lomb, Xerox and the University of Rochester.
R. Wayne LeChase succeeded his father as president and chief executive officer. Under his leadership, LeChase Construction saw a nine-fold increase in volume over the next six years. This explosion included LeChase’s first project outside of Monroe County, a $26.5 million medium-security correctional facility in Marcy, N.Y.
Raymond F. LeChase, II, joined LeChase Construction in 1985, becoming the third generation in the family business.
After decades of family ownership, management was opened up to a team of partners, including William H. Goodrich, who was also appointed vice president at this time.
LeChase is the only construction company in the world to receive the coveted XQ Certification from Xerox Corporation, a national leader in the Total Quality movement. The certification represents the highest vote of confidence the company can bestow upon a vendor.
Vice President William H. Goodrich was promoted to the role of chief operating officer.
LeChase expanded to Corning, N.Y., and opened its first office out of New York State in Charlotte, N.C.
LeChase began working on a new Motherhouse and Infirmary for Rochester’s Sisters of Saint Joseph.
The SPCA of Tompkins County’s new animal shelter achieved LEED® Silver certification. This was the first LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) project to be completed by LeChase.
To better take advantage of opportunities in New York’s Capital Region, LeChase opened an office in the Albany area.
R. Wayne LeChase is recognized by the Rochester Business Journal as “A key designer of the community’s future.” LeChase Construction grew nearly 25 percent from 2003 to 2004, logging more than $275 million in total dollar volume, some 62 percent of which was earned locally.
LeChase acquired C.C. Woods and established an office in Durham, N.C.
Conifer-LeChase Construction was formed as a joint venture between LeChase Construction Services and Conifer Realty to serve the affordable housing market.
LeChase completed its largest project to date—the Eastman Kodak Company’s Footprint Reduction Program (FRP), valued at $200 million.
LeChase opened regional offices in Binghamton, N.Y., and Ithaca, N.Y. President William H. Goodrich was appointed chief executive officer.
LeChase was recognized by the Rochester Business Journal for its efforts in green building.
LeChase was recognized by Engineering News Record (ENR) for its progressive project delivery for the Eastman Kodak Company’s $200 million, 13.5 million SF Footprint Reduction Program (FRP).
LeChase’s Golden Ladder Award program was established as a program for employees to nominate one another in recognition of extraordinary displays of safety on the job site. More than 80 awards have been presented to date.
William H. Goodrich is recognized by the Rochester Business Journal as a CEO who leads growth for LeChase Construction.
“Change is constant; change is imminent. So we’re constantly in transition.” – Bill Goodrich
LeChase acquired Northeast Construction in Syracuse, N.Y.
LeChase acquired J.F. Schultze Construction in Charlotte, N.C.
LeChase’s Armonk, N.Y. office became the first LEED® Platinum certified building in the state outside of New York City.
LeChase’s Zero Incidents program was established. The goal of this program is to encourage, embrace and recognize superior and sustained safety performance throughout LeChase and to promote zero incidents as an achievable goal and mindset for all LeChase employees.
LeChase consolidated its three Rochester offices and relocated to new corporate headquarters at 205 Indigo Creek Drive.
The new Warner School of Education building at the University of Rochester was named in honor of the late Raymond F. LeChase.
LeChase opened an office in Buffalo to better serve the Buffalo/Niagara and southwestern New York area.
Platinum-LeChase Construction Group, LLC was formed as a joint venture between LeChase Construction Services and Platinum Builders, LLC to serve the assisted- and senior-living market.
William L. Mack was promoted to the role of president.
LeChase acquired C.W. Brown Inc. and established an office in Armonk, NY.
The McKinley-LeChase joint venture was formed in 2015 to focus on commercial projects in the southeastern U.S.
LeChase strengthened its presence in two of its key regions by purchasing the Upstate N.Y. and Durham/Charlotte operations of Lendlease Americas, Inc.
Executive Vice President Kyle L. Sayers was appointed chief operating officer.
LeChase prepares to celebrate 75th Anniversary.